Budgies are lovely creatures that can uplift us every time we get home from our busy day at work. They’re colorful creatures that can change our moods and deserve a beautiful name just like them. Therefore, while searching for a name for my new pet, I discovered the following Budgie names, so let’s dive right in.
The Best Budgie Names Of All Time
Budgies are different creatures with unique characteristics; therefore, before naming your new pet, you should get to know it. Like dogs and cats, you can’t give your pet any name. The budgie names you pick should reflect some of its unique features. So here are a few tips to help you choose the right name for your pet:
- Try to keep the name short and sweet: These birds are small creatures with small vocal cords; they can only pronounce short and simple names. It would be best to avoid complicated and long names that your parrot cannot say.
- Pick a name that’s easy to recognize: being social creatures, you need budgie names that are easy to identify and distinctive. Otherwise, you may have a tough time making friends with your pet.
- Consider its personality: is your parrot energetic, playful, calm, or relaxed? Well, you should choose a name that reflects its character.
- Find inspiration: take your time and study its unique traits for a perfect name. If you must name it after a family member, ask for permission first. But most importantly, a bit of persistence and patience can go a very long way when it comes to budgie naming; after all, it still needs to learn that name and respond every time you call. Remember, you’ll be asked by your pals the meaning and origin of its name.
Funny Budgie Names
These birds are here to bring us joy. So if yours does the same for you, you’ll need a funny name. These names range from something that can make you laugh to pun-based names. Some names can just make you smile while playing with your pet. Some of these names include:
White Budgie Names
Budgies come in a wide range of colors, with one of the most popular and calming colors being white. Remember, there are various variants of white budgies, the most common being pure white. Some of the popular budgie names include the following:
- Snow White
Yellow Budgie Name
Yellow budgies make great pets; their yellow feathers glow against the morning sun and can fit perfectly in any pet lover’s life. Therefore, its name should symbolize the joy it will bring your life. Some of the most popular yellow budgie names include:
Grey Budgie Names
Another popular budgie color that stands out is gray. It first appeared in the 1930s before disappearing for good. Breeders believed that it was extant, but it later reappeared.
There are lots of gray color combinations that can surprise you. The popular ones have gray bodies with white or yellow heads.
But they’ll also have a unique color pattern on their back of black and gray. Some have black or whitetails that make them stand out. Some of the most common gray budgie names include:
Green Budgie Names
Another prevalent color mutation among budgies is the green color, with the popular ones being yellow heads and green bodies. But if your pet has green plumage, then you should consider the following names:
- Green lighter
Blue Budgie Names
Another favorite budgie color that’s associated with peace and calmness is blue budgie. So if you’re searching for a great name for your blue budgie, here is one that can resonate with any blue parrot.
Repeating Budgie Names
One of the best names that our budgies can easily understand and adapt to is repeating names. They’re usually playful, and our pets, including budgies, love them simply because of the simplicity of these names. Some of the best-repeating names that we can give our pets include:
Girl Budgie Names
If the above names don’t fit your budgie and you feel like they could do with a girlie name, then you should try them. They’re female names that can also work perfectly for the female parrot. These names will leave them feeling loved and appreciated. Some of these names include:
Male Budgie Names
Males tend to be more vibrant than their female counterparts. They are exceptional talkers and can easily mimic several sounds. Experts believe this capability arises from the need to warn each other of danger and attract mates. Therefore if you have adopted a talkative individual, then you should consider the following names:
What Is The Best Name For A Budgie?
As we have just learned, there is a wide range of budgie names to pick from! For instance, some folks may name their pets after their favorite color. Others may use common names for everything around them, including a bird of prey like a hawk or eagle.
But most folks prefer to use their traits to get the right name, like stubbornness and shyness. You can also use some classy names like Gizmo or Tweety. Coming up with just any name can be pretty challenging, so if you need a unique one, you should try the following:
- Astra koala
Unisex Budgie Names
If you’re unsure of its traits and can’t decide on a girly, color-based, or best name, you should try some of the best unisex names available. These names are for pets that are neither too girly nor boyish but still very cute. Some of these unisex names include:
- Eagle eye
- Thunder kit
Other Popular Names From The History Of This Pet
You can also get a name from this parrot’s behavior in history or nature. Although domesticated right now, they do have a long and unique history. Some of these names include the following:
- Chirrup refers to the social calls these birds make while in the wild.
- Bon Bon: it’s the name of the most protected budgie reserves in the land down under that hosts many parrots.
- Mendel: this name refers to Greg Mendel, a famous scientist who studies parakeets.
- Cheery: Ornithologist Gould John loved describing these birds as animated and cheerful, thus called” cheery.”
- Puck: puck is the name of a male budgie holding the record for the most words learned. Puck is in the Guinness Book of Records for learning 1,728 words.
- Tornado: naturalists have likened these birds to avian tornadoes.
- Nomads: generally, parakeets or budgies are nomads in the wild. They travel in huge groups of up to thousands searching for shelter, water, and food.
- Dino: These birds can trace their origin to the giant dinosaurs, thus the name Dino.
Will Giving My Pet A Funny Name Affect Its Personality?
Generally, a name is just a name; giving it a funny name won’t affect its intelligence. Remember, the whole idea is for it to be able to respond when being called. But they’re intelligent creatures that can learn many tricks and behaviors.
Therefore, you must pick a name they can easily mimic and understand that you’re referring to them. Otherwise, you might get frustrated or correct your bird whenever it doesn’t respond. Fortunately, the sky’s the limit when selecting the name, but take your time before settling on any of the names.
Can Their Color Serve As A Great Inspiration When Picking Their Names?
The most common options are blues, yellow, greens, and gray. But over the years, breeders have managed to breed opaline, rainbow, cinnamon, slate, violet, and spangle.
Therefore, you can use its color to inspire your parrot’s future name. After all, we have a set of names for each color, and they can fit perfectly to their personalities.
For instance, calling a green parrot a name like a leaf or jungle can make it easy for anyone to differentiate it from the others in your aviary.
Like other pets, budgies need a name to respond to when called. It will give them a form of identity and make it even easier for anyone to differentiate themselves from the others in the aviary. However, you can’t just give your pet any name; it has to be unique to its behavior and traits, and you have to like it, of course!
Fortunately, there are lots of unique names to choose from. For instance, if it has blue feathers, you can pick one from our list of names for blue budgies, but make sure it is easier for your pet to learn and understand it. If it’s a talkative creature, you can give it a name suited for talkative parrots and vice versa.
You can even use repeating names like Moomoo or Mimi to make life easier for everyone in the house, including your new pet. Therefore, you should take your time to bond with the budgie; with time, it will show you its personality and make the work easier for you.
- YouTube contributors, How to give a name to your pet bird?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gfXbw6R5s/ Accessed March 15, 2023
- YouTube contributor, + Budgie Names,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzcYBQoLjrA/ Accessed March 15, 2023
- Wikipedia contributor, English Grey Budgerigar,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Grey_budgerigar_mutation/ Accessed March 15, 2023
- Wikipedia contributor, Budgerigar color genetics,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgerigar_colour_genetics/ Accessed March 15, 2023